|Fees: €900 (*)||Includes food and lodging in 4-star hotel (half board: breakfast and dinner), teaching materials, welcome package.|
(*) Fellowships covering most or all of the fee are available for most admitted participants
The exact number and amount of the fellowships can vary depending on the availability of funding and sponsorships.
All fellowships are offered in the form of a fee reduction. For the “Student Fellowships”, the following reductions are typically applied:
- Bachelor (“triennale”) and Master (“magistrale”) students. A minimum fee reduction of €600 is applied (i.e. fellowship recipients only pay a maximum of €300).
- PhD students. A minimum fee reduction of €400 is applied (i.e. fellowship recipients only pay a maximum of €500).
About 20 “Student Fellowships” are typically available:
- “Giacomo Ciamician” fellowships reserved to students enrolled in the University of Trieste
- “FVG” student fellowships reserved to students enrolled in Universities of the Regione Friuli-Venezia Giulia, other than the University of Trieste
- “Network” Student fellowships for students enrolled in any other University
- “AEIT-FVG” fellowships, for students enrolled in the University of Trieste. To be eligible, students must be AEIT members (become AEIT-FVG member), and should clearly state their membership status in the CV. AEIT fellows will benefit of a further fee reduction.
- “ATI” fellowships for students enrolled any University of the Regione Friuli-Venezia Giulia. To be eligible, students should be enrolled in a course of studies matching the mission of ATI (Associazione Termotecnica Italiana).
- “Levi Cases” fellowships for students enrolled in the University of Padova. “Levi Cases” fellowships cover all fees, i.e. recipients will not have to pay.
- “Enerlife” fellowships for promising students of younger age www.enerlife.it
Additional fellowships and fee reductions may be granted, depending on funding availability. Additional fellowships are published on the website as soon as available.
(*) To be eligible for any of the above “Student Fellowships”, applicants must be students enrolled in a bachelor (“triennale”), master (“magistrale”), or Ph.D. (“dottorato”) course. Verification of titles and University enrollment status might be requested to fellowship recipients prior to enrollment in the School.
Fellowships assignment procedure
Fellowship assignment will be based on a ranking list based on the applicants’ Curriculum Vitae. For each fellowship category, the best ranked applicants will be awarded the fellowships. Applicants are advised to read the Maximizing my chances section.
Fellowship recipients who do not confirm participation by the confirmation deadline published on this website will be excluded, and the fellowship will be reassigned to the next best-ranked applicant.
Fellowships that cannot be assigned for lack of eligible applicants meeting the minimum English knowledge and background requirements, can be assigned in a different fellowship category. The criterion of assigning the fellowships to the best possible ranking candidate will be followed.
NOTE: Recipients of any fellowship will be accommodated in shared rooms. Single-room accommodation for students can be arranged upon request and will determine an additional fee.